Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sober + Morning + Rave = ...

...ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Thank you DAYBREAKER for providing such an awesome morning on this hump day!


What is DAYBREAKER? Basically, a sober morning dance rave from 7-9am, intro'd by a yoga session at 6am. No need to primp up or get your heels on. No waiting in lines and shoving people at the bar for shots/beer/liquor of choice. No spilled alcohol all over your body (though you may experience spilled energy drinks pending on who you're standing next to). No illegal substances (that I know of)...These awesome parties have apparently been happening all around the globe, and the trend has just recently started in DC a few months ago.

I had my apprehensions. 1) I am SO FAR from a morning person, that I think productivity (or any activity) in the mornings should be banished from the earth, 2) a club/rave setting in the morning that's not an after hours club (at which I'm normally so intoxicated I don't know how well/if I'm dancing at all)?, and 3) we're doing all of this sober? Alright...I just hit my 30th birthday...let's try new things! #YOLO?

Highlights from today's DC DAYBREAKER party:

  • It was 1.5 blocks away from where I live so I literally woke up when a friend called, brushed my teeth, and walked downstairs.
  • Another friend was able to get me on guest list, so I did save $20 (but I honestly think I would pay to go again!). Thanks for the birthday gift, Will!
  • The music was SO GOOD! I didn't think I'd enjoy jamming out sober, but being in an environment with good music and a decent amount of space to move your body and let the beat move you is such a release. Thanks Eau Claire for being an amazing "Vibe Conductor"!
  • There were other "acts" that really added to the whole atmosphere. In addition to Eau Claire, there was a trombonist, trumpeter, drummer, and saxophonist complementing the music...and doing so right in the middle of the dance floor with everyone dancing around/with them.
  • There was also a long string wand/magic wand artist that was amazingly mesmerizing! If I were any form of intoxicated, my mind might have exploded haha.
  • Kind bars, energy drinks, chia drinks/snacks, and coffee (though I couldn't for my life find the coffee) included with admission.
  • Grooving in my obnoxiously rainbow zebra print leggings and a tank top...while everyone else was in similar attire or merely workout attire...no one gave a crap =]
All in all, I'd definitely go again, and I look forward to the next one! Even though waking up was hard for me, it was a GREAT way to start the day (though I may say otherwise by the end of my day given that I worked 13 hours yesterday, and I work double jobs today...), and really did energize me in the morning. Happy hump day, everyone! Dance like nobody's watching ;)


#DAYBREAKER #morningrave #dancelikenobodyswatching #longhairdontcare #DCliving

No comments:

Post a Comment