Saturday, March 21, 2015

o/' sugarrrr, yes please o/'

My sweet tooth is my serious downfall when it comes to healthy eats. It's been particularly strong lately, and my will to fight it succumbs to the knowledge that each bite will provide me with utter joy and satisfaction. (I find I choose NOT to listen to the little angel on my shoulder I'll probably regreat the decision later...that angel needs to talk louder!)

Yesterday I went to the movies with a friend and purposefully packed a small sandwich and a handful of MnMs (shhh! don't tell =P). I try to pack food with me wherever I go because I know a) it's probably healthier, b) I can control the portion sizes [huge help with controlling my sweet tooth], and c) I save monies (YAY!). Unfortunately, the enticing smell of fresh movie theater popcorn led us to buy a huge bucket of it (not-so-healthy dinner choice =/). While standing at the counter waiting for the popcorn, my eyes were drawn to an ad for Oreo Churros...OREO CHURROS?! I'd never seen or heard of such a thing, and man oh man do I love Oreos AND churros. They were SOOOOO GOOOOOD! I was able to control myself and not eat the whole thing, but dang...SO GOOD. Don't necessarily regret buying/eating them, but I'm just going to try to stay away from them to be safe and not eat myself silly =P

Now that it's officially Spring (despite the 30some degree weather and yesterday's snow/rain/hail) and I have a couple trips coming up that involve bikinis (i.e., Vegas, Hawai'i, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), I definitely feel like this:

Gotta get that cardio up and stop listening to that little sugar devil on my shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment