Thursday, March 12, 2015

Filipino food for the soul =]

As a Filipino-American living in DC, 3,000 miles away from my family (who live in California), the rare moments I get to enjoy and savor Filipino food are so heartwarming and nourishing to my soul! This week has been a CRAZY work week filled with long hours, frustrations, occasional cursing at the computer, and necessary workouts so as not to "Hulk out" on anyone or lose my sanity.

It's currently 3:28 p.m., and I finally got a chance to sit down and enjoy some chicken afritada that my mom made during her last visit and threw in my freezer. (Pro tip: set aside personal portions of meals in the freezer so whenever you need food, you can takeout one container for one meal instead of wasting food.) I've even learned how to/forced myself to grow accustomed to eat Filipino food with brown rice (GASP!). It was one of the best things I've eaten in a while (especially since I've been so busy this week I've been surviving off meal replacement or protein bars!), and the Filipino in me is so unbelievably happy right now that I can work for another couple hours. No photo this time, folks...ate too fast =)

No comments:

Post a Comment